walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Downloading multiple GPX files at once

Downloading multiple GPX files at once

Postby floyd73 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:44 am

Hello fellow walkers,

We invested in a campervan a year ago and tend to just head off some weekends with no particular location in mind and just travel to wherever we fancy from day to day. Now it would be fantastic if it was possible to store/download hundreds of gpx files in my GPS device, rather than having to download them individually, so that if we ended up in a particular location. I already have the gpx walks/routes stored on my device.

Something along the lines of multiple gpx files all compressed in a winrar or winzip format by region would be fantastic if possible.

Thanks and keep up the great work as the site is superb. :-)
floyd73
Mountaineer

Re: Downloading multiple GPX files at once

Postby floyd73 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:18 am

Just adding to the post above. I have been a registered member of the site since 2013 and this has been my 1st post. I love the outdoors, specifically the scenery and the wildlife. I have probably climbed approx 6 munros over the years with Ben Nevis being the most challenging for me as the weather was absolutely brutal. Anyway my intention is to climb far more over the coming years.

Cheers
Ian
floyd73
Mountaineer

Re: Downloading multiple GPX files at once

Postby davidh » Wed May 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Hello Ian
I'm afraid I can't think of any way of doing what you want without some intervening software (e.g. on a PC or Android device) unzipping the required GPX files to a MicroSD card (and even that would assume that your GPS unit has a suitable card slot). However, I would suggest you re-post your query on the Gear and Equipment Forum in case someone else can help.
Dave H
davidh

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...