walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ladybower Reflections

Ladybower Reflections

Postby stomper » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:32 am

Date walked: 19/02/2013

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Last Tues I decided after seeing THE KILLERS in Manchester i would take the dog for a short walk along Derwent water (Top end of Ladybower Reserviour in the Peak District) When i arrived (on a rearlly sunny day :shock: :shock: :shock: ) I could not beleive what i was seeing... The whole of the reserviour was flat as a pancake not evern a ripple and the reflections in the water was so amazing that i thought i should share these with you. Please note that the pghoto's i am about to show you are all Upside down.
Attachments
498.JPG
Cars parked on west side of Howden dam
495.JPG
Now looking accross Howden Dam
484.JPG
looking accross Derwent water
483.JPG
with this photo you can tell by the bottom house being more clear
463.JPG
Oh yes this picture is upside down
462.JPG
Looking accross fairholmes bay
stomper
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:16
Donalds:1
Hewitts:70
Wainwrights:140   

Re: Ladybower Reflections

Postby tenohfive » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 pm

I was discussing this with a photographer whose house overlooks Torridon - apparently there's often a time of day when most lakes go completely still - often not long after sunrise. I've never been a morning person so I'm yet to see the phenomenon myself.
tenohfive

Munros:2   
Hewitts:40
Wainwrights:44   

Postby Stompers Sister » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 pm

These photos are amazing Stomper. It is really hard to tell which is real and which is reflection. You were so lucky to see the reservoir like this. :)
Stompers Sister
Mountaineer

Postby raykilhams » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:42 pm

absolutely amazing pics , looked at pics before reading report , completely fooled me ( mine you it doesn't take much . Great stuff
raykilhams
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:5
Fionas:4   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:11
Wainwrights:9   

Postby ChrisW » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Great shots Stomper, I've been to Ladybower many times and never seen her like this....awesome. :clap:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland