walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Just Cribyn!

Just Cribyn!

Postby willywalker247 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Cribyn

Date walked: 01/07/2014

Time taken: 3.4

Distance: 10.8 km

Ascent: 469m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well the forecast was very good a day not to be missed if your into hill walking.
The attachment our_route.gpx is no longer available
I arrived at the car park just below the Neuadd reservoir grid ref so037170 at 10:30am after a night shift I sorted myself out and set out at 10:50.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Cribyn 1st July 2014 002.JPG
As I walk along the track it was warm with a light breeze blowing now and again and this set the pattern for the day as far as the wind was concerned. I had decided to go around Cribyn and climb it from the Pen y Fan side. It is a steeper climb but shorter and it would fetch me back down to the track that I came along. Here are some pic`s I took along the way.
Cribyn 1st July 2014 004.JPG
More of the track with Cribyn to the left of the picture
Cribyn 1st July 2014 005.JPG
Looking down towards the upper Neuadd reservoir with very little water in it.
Cribyn 1st July 2014 006.JPG
Path leading around Cribyn and up Pen y Fan.
Cribyn 1st July 2014 007.JPG
Fan y Big from Cribyn.
Cribyn 1st July 2014 009.JPG
Pontsticill reservoir in the distance.
Cribyn 1st July 2014 010.JPG
Looking northeast.
A great afternoon in the Brecon Beacons.
Attachments
Cribyn 1st July 2014 008.JPG
Corn Ddu, Pen y Fan from Cribyn.
Cribyn 1st July 2014 003.JPG
Corn Ddu, Pen y Fan, Cribyn.
willywalker247
Mountaineer

Munros:1   
Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:9   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland