walkhighlands

Check this board for announcements about new features and content on Walkhighlands

Correction suggestion for St Fillans Hill route

Correction suggestion for St Fillans Hill route

Postby denfinella » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:41 pm

Hello Paul / Helen,

Walked a variant of your St Fillans Hill route last weekend and thought I should mention that the fisherman's path mentioned for the first sentence of Stage 2 is no longer visible (at all - I couldn't see it leave the road, or rejoin later on, and I went down to the river in the middle of the section to look for it too and still couldn't find it), so you have to stay on the road. Also mentioned in someone else's walk report from 2012 so seems like it's gone for good.

Also, there's now public parking opposite the footbridge over the River Earn and opposite the Drummond Hotel, so you don't need to park at the west end of the village. (Although we actually parked on the south bank road.)

On the plus side... no mud at the moment!! :)
denfinella
Wanderer

Munros:88   Corbetts:40
Fionas:37   Donalds:24
Sub 2000:72   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:6   Islands:46

Re: Correction suggestion for St Fillans Hill route

Postby Paul Webster » Sun May 01, 2016 1:06 pm

Thanks - have updated. Had meant to include this route when recently replacing all our Crieff / Comrie walks footage, but ran out of steam before doing this one. 8)
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walkhighlands announcements and feedback