walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cruach Ardrain & Beinn Tulaichean

Cruach Ardrain & Beinn Tulaichean

Postby Dmack » Mon May 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tulaichean, Cruach Àrdrain

Date walked: 27/04/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 15 km

Ascent: 1067m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Only my third outing of the year and decided to head towards Crianlarich to tackle this pair. The weather was fantastic and as a result there were stunning views to be had wherever you looked.

Route is very straightforward starting from the lay by opposite Keilator Farm on the A82 and the only negative from the day was a big juicy blister on the sole of my right foot - bad choice of socks and the warm weather to blame I think.

030.JPG
An Caisteal from Grey Height

032.JPG

034.JPG
Cruach Ardrain

036.JPG
Towards Ben More and Stob Binnein

037.JPG
Beinn Tulaichean from Cruach Ardrain

040.JPG
Not a bad spot for lunch!
Dmack
Mountaineer

Munros:15   Corbetts:4

Re: Cruach Ardrain & Beinn Tulaichean

Postby skuk007 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Nice one dmack, brings back memories of my last visit up North. Shame about the blister, hope it didn't spoil your walk too much.

Was that summit cairn on Cruach Ardrain still crawling with wee baby spiders when you got there. Was when I did it, yuk!
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby houdi » Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Great stuff. I actually did Ben More and Stob Binnein the day after you did these two. I always think when driving from Tyndrum towards Crianlarich that Cruach Ardrain looks awesome. And you were lucky to get such a perfect day. I got caught in blizzards when I did these two in October.
houdi
Rambler

Munros:93   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:74
Wainwrights:48   

Postby Jock McJock » Tue May 10, 2011 12:22 am

Nice wee report Dmack. I was on those two the same day as you. Was a lovely day, weather was great. My pics all look like yours, lol. :lol:
Jock McJock
Mountain Walker

Munros:173   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland