walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Chris first munro

Chris first munro

Postby gedme » Sun May 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Munros included on this walk: Schiehallion

Date walked: 22/05/2011

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 1083m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is around tenth time doing schieallion but could not think of a better place for my brothers first munro we had previously done varakie which he enjoyed and seems to have the bug for it now as does my mate and his son. I always tried to tell them what it was like up the mountains and how quiet and how all the worries of modren day life just vanish oh and what a gorgeous country we live in. Mmm now they know and cant get enough of it.
DSC02448.JPG
on the way

DSC02456.JPG
Jim wee jim and chris

DSC02475.JPG
some great views

DSC02485.JPG
Us on the summit had a great day

DSC02476.JPG
just great views

DSC02461.JPG
Scotland dont you just love it..

DSC02467.JPG
myself

DSC02477.JPG
Photo break
Attachments
DSC02451.JPG
Last edited by gedme on Sun May 22, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gedme
Munro compleatist

Munros:32   Corbetts:3

Re: Chris first munro

Postby gedme » Sun May 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Sorry posted before i was finished Chris now cant wait to get out and see more of Scotland great hills
gedme
Munro compleatist

Munros:32   Corbetts:3

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland