walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Narnain Ambers 2nd Munro

Beinn Narnain Ambers 2nd Munro

Postby Jabber » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 27/05/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 927m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Just thought I'd give a quick report on Ambers 2nd Munro.....Think she's got the buzz now and wants to crack all 283 before she's 9.
Friday 27th May. Nice day starting however I knew the weather was due in around Midday so we started off early for us at 8ish.
We started of at the car park near Succoth and soon crossed the road and decided to climb the newish wiggly path as the original look a bit awash, however I soon doubled back and we had a go at the pipeline path.
100_1092.JPG
Concrete pillars from the Loch sloy project.

We soon got to the Old cobbler path and I decided we should go round towards the cobbler as it was particularly boggy. It didn't take us long to march up past the Narnain Boulders and onto to the path down from the Cobbler and up to Ben Ime where we met a bunch of lads just coming off the Cobbler who wanted to crack Ben Ime, Narnain and Lomond in One day..phwooh. Anyway they moved on to Ime which had by now disapeared in the grey mist and we turned right and moved on to Narnains peak., which was quite windy but still dry at his point.
Ha another dirtee trig point going down!.JPG
Look dad the trig!

Beinn Narnain 3038ft Trig.JPG
3038ft

We didn't stay to long as the rain/sleet/snow was starting to pierce the old armour and moved on and over to the Cruach nam Miseag for the descent through the Spearhead, a light scramble unless your towing a westie!

The trek off was quite boggy in places however we were really sheltered from the rain and it was really quite warm although the Westie didn't enjoy the descent as much in the rain!

I piled on down the straight path with the concrete pillars however Amber and Mum decided they weren't up for that way and tracked down the old Cobbler path again, a wise move as those pillars are quite lethal in the wet for the unsure footed.

She is already talking of Ben Vane for her third Munro so maybe this weekend. 8) Here's a few more phots from the day.
Attachments
Cobbler.JPG
Never tired of looking at that hill!
100_1134.JPG
100_1128.JPG
100_1125.JPG
Hiya.JPG
Jabber
Mountaineer

Munros:139   Corbetts:13
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:2   

Re: Ben Narnain Ambers 2nd Munro

Postby gammy leg walker » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Looks like she has the bug.
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Re: Beinn Narnain Ambers 2nd Munro

Postby Jabber » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Absolutely and inspiring me to do more.
Jabber
Mountaineer

Munros:139   Corbetts:13
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:2   

Postby rockhopper » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Well done - think Amber's going to have to get her own logon.....then she can she start to overtake her old man :lol:
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Jock McJock » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:16 am

Good stuff and well done Amber :D My 10yr old daughter just draws me a dirty look when I suggest coming out for a walk :lol: Ben Vane is a big steep bugger but I'm sure you'll all have no probs on it as its not any more difficult than Narnain. Just be aware of the false summits :lol: everytime you think you're there.......you're not :lol:
Jock McJock
Mountain Walker

Munros:173   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Paula Hubens » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:27 pm

I had snow and hail on Beinn Narnain too! So the weather in Scotland hasn't improved...
Well done Amber!
Paula Hubens

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland