walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

walking

walking

Postby RUGBYPLAYER » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tulaichean, Cruach Àrdrain

Date walked: 04/06/2011

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 14.4 km

Ascent: 1070m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walked this on a glorious Saturday when the weather forecast was totally wrong to our benefit. We started off from the lay-by on the A82 just before Crianlarich and followed the landrover tracks up to where the forest ends on your left hand side where we headed down to an old rickity bridge to cross the burn. The climb from the burn up to Grey Height is quite boggy but when this is reached the going becomes much more interesting with rocky paths and ridges all the way to Cruach Ardrain.
DSC_0132.jpg

My son Andrew heading along the ridge towards Cruach Ardrain
DSC_0142.jpg

Nothing new here as the racing snake (my son) has beat me to the top of Cruach Ardrain and is waiting with that face that says what took you so long.
DSC_0159.jpg

Looking at the top of Beinn Tulaichean from the bealach between the two munros
DSC_0163.jpg

The weather got better as the day went offering up some great views like this one looking back at Cruach Ardrain
DSC_0168.jpg

The best part of the day, two rolls of square slice sausages cooked al fresco
RUGBYPLAYER

Munros:141   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   

Re: walking

Postby monty » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Well done Rugbyplayer. Looks like the weather was reasonable. Young lad showing you the way eh :lol:
monty

Postby RUGBYPLAYER » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Yeah to right, I had him up at Fort William at the weekend. We climbed four munros on the Saturday covering 27km, then took in the Ben on Sunday. The racing snake went up the Ben in 2hrs 15mins without breaking sweat
RUGBYPLAYER

Munros:141   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   

Postby monty » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Makes you feel auld :lol:
monty

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland