walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

41.42 Ben More and Stob Binnein

41.42 Ben More and Stob Binnein

Postby DJG78 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Route description: Ben More and Stob Binnein

Munros included on this walk: Ben More, Stob Binnein

Date walked: 10/06/2011

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 10.43 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Been looking forward to climbing this hill for ages but could never get the weather for it so thought id save it for a clear day. Glad i did as the views were well worth waiting for. Pretty eventful hike. Stormed up Ben More a lot quicker and easier than I expected. Felt really fit. Found a creepy looking sheep vertebrae intact with no other remains. Also met a lovely old chap on the return home who was good craic for 2 hrs. Actually now i remember i met 3 stunning cheq girls on the way down Stob which was a result. First time ive seen trophy birds hiking! :-)
Shame i didnt get some pics of them.

Munros 016.jpg

Munros 017.jpg

Munros 019.jpg

Munros 020.jpg

Munros 021.jpg

Munros 025.jpg

Munros 032.jpg
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

DJG78
Mountain Walker

Munros:81   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland