walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

beinn ime

beinn ime

Postby sonic » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme

Date walked: 21/07/2011

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi guys
Set out in the morning to walk Ime and Narnain having attempted it the weekend before and calling it a day because of some really bad weather.
The intentions were to do Ime first and back across Narnain
The reason for this reversal of the normal route was because one of the guys in my work had done Ime in the past and bad weather stopped him and his group attempting Narnain.
So i knew if i only got one done i could do Ime and come back with my workmate to do Narnain.
So having climbed Ime in really good weather, my brother in law that was with me had hurt his knee and was really suffering on the descent of Ime and we decided quite reluctantly to leave Narnain to another day.
Found Ime a lot harder to do than Ben Lomond but we were rewarded with some excellent views when we reached the summit
beinn ime 004.jpg

beinn ime 005.jpg

beinn ime 006.jpg

beinn ime 011.jpg

beinn ime 013.jpg

beinn ime 023.jpg

beinn ime 025.jpg

beinn ime 033.jpg

beinn ime 038.jpg

beinn ime 043.jpg

beinn ime 055.jpg

beinn ime 058.jpg

beinn ime 074.jpg

beinn ime 081.jpg
sonic
Mountaineer

Munros:16   Corbetts:2

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland