walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Chabhair

Beinn Chabhair

Postby webby2166 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Route description: Beinn Chabhair, from Inverarnan

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Chabhair

Date walked: 21/08/2011

Time taken: 5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walking Beinn chabhair,

It was the morning of 20 August 2011, the rain had just stopped and the cloud's were breaking up so I knew it was going to be a good walk up the mountain. The day didn't start all that good as I drove my car on the bridge at Beinglas farm. The rear end of my car slipped on the wet wooden planks and ended up on the railings scraping the bodywork :(. So it was 0900 hrs and I started on the big walk, the start of the walk took me up the Beinglas waterfall quite a steep climb but nice views of the opposite hills. Then once you walk up the first hard part it flattens out a bit, then the path hits all the marsh and bog's :(, I put my gators on and plodded on following an easterly direction all the way up the Ben Glass Burn to Lochan Beinn Chabhair. From the small loch the path goes North East up to Meall nan Tarmachan, the going was a wee bit tough at this point but not too bad. When you get to the top's of Meall nan Tarmachan the path goes South Easterly direction then it's not too far to the sumit of Beinn Chabhair, the views at the top was a little bit cloudy but most of the time was clear, hear is some photo's to view. Be lenient with you'r comments as it's my first report lol.
Attachments
GEDC0816.JPG
Beinn Chabhair
GEDC0814.JPG
Meall nan Tarmachan
GEDC0810.JPG
GEDC0809.JPG
GEDC0804.JPG
Views back down Ben Glass Burn
GEDC0802.JPG
On top of Beinn Chabhair
GEDC0799.JPG
GEDC0798.JPG
looking over at An Caisteal
GEDC0789.JPG
Looking up to Meall nan Tarmachan
GEDC0788.JPG
GEDC0786.JPG
Me at Lochan Benn Chabhair
GEDC0777.JPG
Ben Glass waterfall

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

webby2166
Mountain Walker

Munros:109   Corbetts:8
Fionas:12   Donalds:54
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:14   

Re: Beinn Chabhair

Postby dogplodder » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Good to see your pics after doing this hill a few weeks back when we got perfect weather :D but midgies at summit and clegs near camp site. :(

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13782
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland