walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Stob Ban agus Mullach nan Coirean

Stob Ban agus Mullach nan Coirean

Postby Collaciotach » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Route description: Stob Ban (Mamores) and Mullach nan Coirean

Munros included on this walk: Mullach nan Coirean, Stob Bàn (Mamores)

Date walked: 31/10/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 12 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ah tha mi air ais a ribhist agus tha mi dochas thu sibh ag ionnsachaidh Ghaidhlig ...Its no bad cráic putting these reports up, reminds you that there was a thing in the Gaidhealtachd nan Iar, no so long ago, which was big ,bright and bhuidhe and was called the sun.

She has removed herself for the Geamhradh or Winter :?

so looking the only way i is getting any... grian, seo ann's a Suaineart is by looking at photo's :(

An Lúnasdal / August i took a coisich suas Stob Ban is Mullach nan Coirean ,with the an t side dodgy Gleann Neibhis was her usual cheery self! .. air thioshich, however a wee breeze struck up and started to blow the sgothan a'fhalbh :D

Stob Ban.jpg
a dol suas

It was a wee touch bog fluich underfoot but the path is hardy and as the an t uisge cleared off the sun came out :D

Stob Ban agus ceo.jpg
Stob Ban i fhein :D

Bha seallaidh math agadsa ...... Sgurr a Mhaim was sunning herself when we were on the mullach of Stob Ban they are good looking lassies the Mam Mor :lol:

Sgurr a Mhaim.JPG
Sgurr a Mhaim

Sgurr an Lubhair.JPG
An bealach sios Sgurr an Iubhair

So we spent a wee while catching the views then a 'fhalbh gu Mullach nan Coirean agus a ribhist tha an grian a déarrsachd :D

Mullach.jpg
Coire air Mullach nan Coirean

Ach the lazy days of a' Samhraidh eh :( i reckoned Mullach nan Coirean to no be that exciting but hey do not knock a dry day air a cnoic :D

Ach de tha sin ? ...... clouds again !

Mullach nan Coirean.jpg
Sgothan air Mullach

So we headed off down an druim bheag heading out onto the FC path down the fence line to Achriabhach which was just whoorish bad and coarse on the knees :(

Tha am bhata agam gu bhith diesel ..Its Oidhche Samhain / Hallowen my ark is near finished now and tis my intention to float my way into the mountains this coming Saturday :D the amout of water we have had ann an Gaidhealtachd an Iar will lessen my ascent :lol:

Cheerie an drasda .... Colla 8)
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:25   
Islands:28

Re: Stob Ban agus Mullach nan Coirean

Postby mrssanta » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:42 pm

so is that Gaelish, or Englic, or what language do you call it? Love it!!
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby Collaciotach » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:55 pm

mrssanta wrote:so is that Gaelish, or Englic, or what language do you call it? Love it!!

Tha sin Ghaidhlig a bhalaich .... its Gaelic the indigenous language of all the Highlands and the root of the name on every topographical feature in near all Alba :D
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Postby mrssanta » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:02 pm

oh yes, I recognise the Gaelic, but it's the way you have mixed it with English that is fun. My Gaelic is very limited but most sassenachs with a knowledge of hill names and maps will be able to get a good grasp of what you have written
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Postby mrssanta » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:03 pm

the pictures are pretty good as well, wish I was there!
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Postby Collaciotach » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:06 pm

mrssanta wrote:oh yes, I recognise the Gaelic, but it's the way you have mixed it with English that is fun. My Gaelic is very limited but most sassenachs with a knowledge of hill names and maps will be able to get a good grasp of what you have written

Aye it is easy enough to get a grasp .... glad you like it cuideachd :D
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland