walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Mamores (minus one)

Mamores (minus one)

Postby snowdonia7 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:42 pm

Munros included on this walk: Am Bodach, An Gearanach, Binnein Mòr, Mullach nan Coirean, Na Gruagaichean, Sgùrr a' Mhàim, Sgùrr Èilde Mòr, Stob Bàn (Mamores), Stob Coire a' Chàirn

Date walked: 04/09/2010

Time taken: 13 hours

Distance: 30.7 km

Ascent: 2872m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A long hot day, made all the worse by the long walk in on the road from the Ben Nevis Inn and some poor initial route finding that meant scrambling up steep ground through heather to the first summit of the day.

Didn't stop much along the way apart from a quick lunch (during which I remember looking longingly at a cheese roll someone else was eating on the same summit). I don't remember which peak it was, maybe someone can do someone can work it out from the photo which shows Ben Nevis to the rear?

Ben Nevis.JPG
Somewhere in the Mamores with Ben Nevis to the rear

Didn't drink enough water and was dead on my feet when we reached Binnein Mor, so I bottled Binnein Beag, but had no real choice for Sgurr Elide Mor as it was en route to the finish at the bothy. Stumbled in to the bothy at about 7 pm to meet a group of about 8 who were already in there well supplied, whilst Neil and I had to settle for super noodles :(

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

snowdonia7

Munros:282   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:36   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland