walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

UKC veteran seeks greener fields...

UKC veteran seeks greener fields...

Postby exiledclimber » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi, I've long been a poster on UKClimbing, but since I no longer post over there I thought I would give this forum a try! :)

I've been walking and climbing for eight years now, in Scotland for five years. I moved to Glencoe in 2008 during a spell of high enthusiasm for roped climbing, and did a lot of it, but eventually settled back down to my old favourite activities of backpacking, hillwalking, scrambling, and general low-grade mountaineering. I'm not really a Munro bagger but since leaving Glencoe I'm keen to use my future trips to the hills to go to new places I haven't been to before. It may be sacrilege but I think it's safe to say that I'm bored of the Glencoe/Ben Nevis area!

Currently based in Lincolnshire so not climbing or walking as often as I did, but just as enthusiastic as ever.
exiledclimber
Stravaiging

Munros:51   

Re: UKC veteran seeks greener fields...

Postby malky_c » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi, and apologies for outing you on your first post :)

Looking forward to your info and photos. I think a few forum members here already follow your blog.

It's just about acceptable to be bored of Glencoe/Glen Nevis. I spent a lot of great summer holidays there, but once I moved to Scotland I couldn't wait to go and explore some other areas instead. I ignored it for a few years, and now I miss it again (It's pretty close by, but Torridon etc are closer, so I don't visit often)
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Postby RicKamila » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi :wave:
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:16   

Postby HighlandSC » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:01 pm

Welcome :) I've followed your blog/facebook/flickr for a while and it'll be good to see you posting here.
HighlandSC

Munros:33   Corbetts:4
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:14   
Islands:8

Postby foggieclimber » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Welcome.

Nowt wrong with ditching UKC. I did that about 5 years ago :)

There are quite a few more UKC exiles going about Hillwalking Forums.
If you visit a not too disimilar forum to this one, you might even bump into the UKC legend - Norrie 8)
foggieclimber

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...