walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Deuter 32 Futura daysack

Deuter 32 Futura daysack

Postby KGBMC » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Looking for a lightweight sack with plenty of room for kit for a lengthy winter day walk or weekend trip

Any reviews on the Deuter 32
KGBMC
Hill Bagger

Re: Deuter 32 Futura daysack

Postby Liathach » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:50 am

Friend has recently bought one. She is really happy with it. Plenty of straps etc to attach crampons etc. I myself have three Deuter sacks and all are comfortable - not the lightest but very well made to stand lots of abuse.
Liathach

Postby KGBMC » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:56 pm

You say not the lightest but I thought they were the lightest on the market at present
KGBMC
Hill Bagger

Postby Liathach » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:14 am

Pretty certain they are not. Personally, I'm happy with a bit of extra weight if it means the sack is durable and lumpy items don't dig into my back. Just today, I read a wee review of the Deuter and a couple of other sacks but I can't remember where - it's an age thing! It may have been on UK Climbing.
Liathach

Postby Liathach » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:18 am

Here's the link

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=4225

Copy and paste into browser.
Liathach

Postby MacCookie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:25 am

At 1.6kg, far from the lightest, but I've used one for a few years and found it excellent.

I've also got an Osprey Exos 46 (about 1kg) which is equally comfortable - if you wanting a lightweight pack with a ventilated back and a frame, you could check out the Exos 34.

I've recently bought an Osprey Hornet 32 - a mere 0.6kg! Surprisingly spacious, but I've found the straps a bit of a fiddle in winter conditions.

Ewan
MacCookie
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:8
Fionas:1   

Postby dodec » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:49 pm

I can recommend the Vaude Triset Ultralight 35....i've used this for a couple of years now and found it to be comfortable and rugged despite the weight. At only 775g it weighs next to nothing.
dodec
Mountaineer

Munros:4   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:23
Wainwrights:6   

Postby basscadet » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:54 pm

I know I'm awa to get shot down in flames with this post! :lol:

I was looking recently for a lighter expedition sack, as the 60 litre Vango sack I bought of ebay a couple of years ago, weighed over 3kg! I looked at a lot of sacks, but ended up buying a Berghaus C7 with this back system with a pivot in it, and the main body is waterproof - handy! The down side, is that my new rucksack also weighs almost 3kg. This weekend though, I was carrying an extreme load - not only the obligatory extra winter gear, but more food than usual, and (the killer) fuel for the fire - must of been 18kg or so when I set off, and yet it felt lighter than my usual 10kg, because the pack fitted so well, and I wasnt fighting against it all the time.. I'm a convert - comfy is the new light :thumbup:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk