walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hey Everybody!

Hey Everybody!

Postby ScottishLeaf » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:45 am

Hiya,
I'm Bryan, just got into this hill walking sport and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
I have been out on a hill each of the last 5 Sundays, starting with Dumyat back at the beginning of February and I've been trying to make them a little tougher each week, until I conquered my first Munro last Sunday by walking up Ben Lomond. It was a brilliant feeling, although by favourite hill so far has been Ben Venue.
I know it's only wee, but it was worth the hours clambering through all that bog and taking the wrong turn off the path to be treated to the most stunning views across 5 lochs, down the Forth Valley or out to Ben Lomond. Simply amazing.

Up next is Ben Vorlich at Loch Earn and if the weather and my slightly dodgy hamstring hold maybe even Stoc a'Choin... maybe lol
But after that we're short of ideas and would welcome any suggestions.
I'm based in Stenhousemuir, near Falkirk and anything with a 90 minute drive or so is good for me and it doesn't have to be a Munro as long as it's interesting :)
A friend recommended Shiehallion any thoughts?
ScottishLeaf
Hill Bagger

Munros:114   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:11

Re: Hey Everybody!

Postby basscadet » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 am

Well done on your adventures so far.. its amazing how quickly the bug can take hold :lol:

Sheihallion is a bog free afternoon stroll, with a long-ish rocky boulder field section up to the summit. You do get some great views from there, and that makes it a cracker if you can find a bonny day :)
there are plenty of day walks to keep you busy on this website.. but generally, the possibilities are only limited by ones imagination.
I look forward to reading your reports..
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Re: Hey Everybody!

Postby ScottishLeaf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:59 pm

basscadet wrote:Well done on your adventures so far.. its amazing how quickly the bug can take hold :lol:

Sheihallion is a bog free afternoon stroll, with a long-ish rocky boulder field section up to the summit. You do get some great views from there, and that makes it a cracker if you can find a bonny day :)
there are plenty of day walks to keep you busy on this website.. but generally, the possibilities are only limited by ones imagination.
I look forward to reading your reports..

Cheers for that, we're looking at doing it next Saturday.
Went up Ben Vorlich at Loch Earn this week to bag my second Munro!
Then just for the fun of it went up Darrach Hill, the highest point in Falkirk District just for the fun of it today!
Was a nice wee walk in the sun :)
ScottishLeaf
Hill Bagger

Munros:114   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:11

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...