walkhighlands

Record your sightings of wildlife and birds on this board - even better if you managed to capture a photo.
Warning Please avoid giving out the locations of nest sites for rare birds.

Views from the balcony....

Views from the balcony....

Postby ChrisW » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Seems there is always something wandering past the house here, as is the way with most Saturday mornings, we were down in the home cinema room watching live Premiership football. As an added extra today we were video chatting with our son, daughter in law and grandson when a small herd of deer wandered past behind the house.

after standing at the window with my phone for a while showing folks back home the 'live action' I handed the phone to Sarah and ran upstairs to the balcony, grabbing my camera from the office along the way.

I walked slowly out onto the balcony so as not to spook them, though they pass by often enough now so they are not too concerned about my presence

we had seen a Coyote sneak past a few minutes earlier but didn't get shots of him as he was too fast, this deer seems to be making sure he's not coming back

they are following the narrow path that leads down to the golf course and river, I suspect the lush green grass of the golf course is quite an attractive proposition at this time of the year

after less than an hour they returned in the opposite direction, so perhaps they were just heading down to the river to drink

on closer inspection they sure do have some ear on em....you wouldn't be sneaking up on this guy very easily

forever cautious, there is always one of them turning around to check what may be coming up behind them

from this corner they always leave the man made path and head off own the steep ridge and into the expansive woodland below

as expected this mob follow the same course (as do the Coyotes around here too) It seems the well trodden paths of the prairie remain, irrespective of our intervention.
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Re: Views from the balcony....

Postby RicKamila » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Well that's nothing cos I saw your Newt :P :lol:

Chris, you are one lucky man!!
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:16   

Re: Views from the balcony....

Postby mamoset » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Nice pics Chris :D

Chris.
mamoset
Mountain Walker

Munros:256   Corbetts:6
Donalds:1
Hewitts:115
Wainwrights:214   Islands:5

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Wildlife sightings