walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Three degrees of mist and rain

Three degrees of mist and rain

Postby Collaciotach » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Fhionnlaidh, Meall nan Eun, Schiehallion

Date walked: 08/04/2012

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ann an t-side math an mios seo ......... been doing a few singles with the cailleach over the last few weeks

she is hardy :D

First stop was Sidh Challain or Scheihallion on a Saturday two weeks back .We were in the car park about 9.30am, a look at the John Muir Trust info panel had me raging , not one word of Gaidhlig in an area where my ancestory lies.The 1872 Education Act destroyed Perthshire Gaelic, this was the indigenous language and that should be recognised.The continued extirpation of people and culture via land appropriation would not happen in ANY other country in Europe shame on the JMT.

Ceart tha sin e ..... speech over

Uill suas a cnoic ...the path is like a motorway and the weather was'nt looking great ,tioram ach sgothach

DSCF4622.JPG
Airidh faisg Sidh Challain

DSCF4624.JPG
Loch Tummel

We had reasonable views to Tummel but the cloud was well down on the mullach

DSCF4630.JPG
Air a mhullach

Bha sin air a mhullach .. in no time the easiest Munro ever ? ... unfortunately it was snowing and no sealltain to be had :(

As luck would have it it cleared by the time we were sios :?

DSCF4634.JPG
Tha an grian air ais

The next day found me air Bheinn Fhionnlaidh agus ann a ceo a' ribhist ..... no views but a nice dry walk up from Gleann Éite nice wee hill Fhionnlaidh and under 6 hrs saw us bag, we decided to leave Sgorr na h Ulaidh for a better day

DSCF4642.JPG
Loch Éite

DSCF4647.JPG
Air a mhullach Bheinn Fhionnlaidh

The ceó was clearing in places but not from the tops so we headed down quickly , two days in the cloud ach tha sin beatha :D

DSCF4650.JPG
Ceo air an druim

DSCF4654.JPG
Sealltain !

On Dihaoine na Cueste (good friday) a very wet ascent of Meall nan Eun via Gleann Ceitlin,i had omitted this from the rest of the round a few weeks back. A bit of a slog this one and quite steep we had it completed in six hours the cailleach is slower than her man :lol:

So three bagged and no a view to be had

DSCF4552.JPG
An Cú

Nuair a thig air duine thig air uile

Cheerie an drasda
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:25   
Islands:28

Re: Three degrees of mist and rain

Postby mrssanta » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:33 pm

but your pictures are fine just the same, and it's good to be out on the hills.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Re: Three degrees of mist and rain

Postby dooterbang » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:41 pm

I did this on Saturday in similar conditions.

Its a nice wee hill with fine views...when they show themselves.

I was expecting the car park to be full when arriving at 9.15am but it was empty...however on the return it looked like Ikea car park on a Saturday afternoon :shock:
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Munros:262   Corbetts:58
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:19

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland