walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Glen Affric YHA

Glen Affric YHA

Postby stomper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Will be staying there for 4 nights and hoping to do the 5 munro's in that area week comencing 30th April. Has any of you satyed there (MOST LIKELY HAVE) if so what was your experience like . Hoping to do Beinn Fhada & A'Ghlas-bheinn from there ( i know mostly these 2 are done from the otherside but since i am stopping at YHA i will atempt these two from the yha.If i get the weather like what we are getting at the moment ( :? :? Typical British summer weather ooooohps meant to be Spring) wish me luck as i will need it
stomper
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:16
Donalds:1
Hewitts:70
Wainwrights:140   

Re: Glen Affric YHA

Postby AlisonFox66 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:34 pm

nice friendly hostel

Not cheap, which is a shame really as it will price itself out of the market

Did Beinn Fhada from the hostel and it was a good walk - no difficulty at all
AlisonFox66
Ambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:87
Sub 2000:497   Hewitts:311
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Glen Affric YHA

Postby stomper » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Thanks :thumbup: Oh i Know ita not cheap Youth Hostels are a rip off i paid £88.00 to stay at this hostel and totaly agree they will price themselves out in due course. You might only be talking about this hostel where i am talking about hostels in General . Looking forward to going and hope to get some good weather :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stomper
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:16
Donalds:1
Hewitts:70
Wainwrights:140   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion