walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Two cars trick and Ben Lawers 7 beginning of June

Two cars trick and Ben Lawers 7 beginning of June

Postby Paula Hubens » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi,
I am doing the Ben Lawers 7 at the beginning of June. The plan is to tackle the range from East to West, as I am more looking forward to ascending the scrambly side of An Stuc than descending it!
Is there anyone with a car that would like to join me, so we can perform the two cars trick and avoid a long walk back. My small (hire) car can take another 3 people, so you are welcome to bring some friends.
I am reasonably fit, although likely to have slowed down towards the end of my holiday. As an indication of experience: I would be confident to do the range on my own, but not confident to guide someone up An Stuc.
I will be Munro-ing from 2 - 16 June and can be flexible with the date, if a Saturday or Sunday suits you better. It is roughly 12 miles/ 20km and Naismith reckons it will take around 7h30min. I say, let’s take a bit more time for breaks and taking pictures.
Anyone fancy this? It would be good to meet some fellow WalkHighlanders.

Paula
Paula Hubens

Re: Two cars trick and Ben Lawers 7 beginning of June

Postby DarrenJeffrey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Hey,

If you end up doing this on the 9th June I'll come along. I have a car also

DJ
DarrenJeffrey
Munro compleatist

Munros:141   Corbetts:10
Fionas:8   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:20   

Postby Paula Hubens » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Hey Darren, that's great! Saturday 9th June it is then! 8)
Will you be bringing any friends? If not, two spaces left in the car, for other takers.
Paula Hubens

Postby thebaldfalcon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 pm

I could join u on 9th, probably 2 or 3 of us, have room in car leaving from Edinburgh.
Cheers Steve.

PS if ur up for a few days Tarmigan ridge on other side of road from Ben Lawers is an excellent munro
thebaldfalcon

Munros:102   Corbetts:24
Fionas:3   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   

Postby erin_niamh » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:36 am

I could be up for this also, possibly with a friend or 2 and also have a car :D
erin_niamh
Mountaineer

Munros:147   Corbetts:16
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby Paula Hubens » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi Steve and erin_niamh,

Yes, do join. This is great!
With my car being not big enough to take both of you and your friends, we will be performing a double two cars trick now!

thebaldfalcon wrote:PS if ur up for a few days Tarmigan ridge on other side of road from Ben Lawers is an excellent munro

The Tarmachan Ridge is part of the holiday plan too! On a different day though. :lol:
Paula Hubens

Postby thebaldfalcon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Paula Hubens wrote:Hi Steve and erin_niamh,

Yes, do join. This is great!
With my car being not big enough to take both of you and your friends, we will be performing a double two cars trick now!

thebaldfalcon wrote:PS if ur up for a few days Tarmigan ridge on other side of road from Ben Lawers is an excellent munro

The Tarmachan Ridge is part of the holiday plan too! On a different day though. :lol:

june the 9th it is then, keep me posted times etc, also anyone who wants a lift from edinburgh
thebaldfalcon

Postby Paula Hubens » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi,
What would be a good time to meet for you guys, as you all will be travelling? I’m in the area already.
I suggest we meet in the car park at NN583417, populate two cars and drive to Lawers village.
Mainly because the SMC book says that parking is limited near the summit of the road north of Lochan na Lairige: ‘a rather restricted space where two or three cars can be parked’.
So we have:

Steve (definite)
Darren (not replied yet)
Erin_niamh (not replied yet)
me (definite)

Meaning, space for 4 friends, provided Darren and Erin_niamh are joining us too.

Paula
Paula Hubens

Postby DarrenJeffrey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:18 am

Hi,

my apologies on the delayed reply was up in Glen Clova all weekend. I can't make the 9th, forgot I'm actually walking the Lairig Ghru that weekend

have fun on your trip though
DarrenJeffrey
Munro compleatist

Munros:141   Corbetts:10
Fionas:8   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:20   

Postby Mountainlove » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Paula, I might be up for it, but I am not 100% sure as I might be away . Will be able to tell you closer to the time. I also have a car :D
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:88   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby thebaldfalcon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 pm

[quote="Paula Hubens"]Hi,
I am doing the Ben Lawers 7 at the beginning of June. The plan is to tackle the range from East to West, as I am more looking forward to ascending the scrambly side of An Stuc than descending it!
Is there anyone with a car that would like to join me, so we can perform the two cars trick and avoid a long walk back. My small (hire) car can take another 3 people, so you are welcome to bring some friends.
I am reasonably fit, although likely to have slowed down towards the end of my holiday. As an indication of experience: I would be confident to do the range on my own, but not confident to guide someone up An Stuc.
I will be Munro-ing from 2 - 16 June and can be flexible with the date, if a Saturday or Sunday suits you better. It is roughly 12 miles/ 20km and Naismith reckons it will take around 7h30min. I say, let’s take a bit more time for breaks and taking pictures.
Anyone fancy this? It would be good to meet some fellow WalkHighlanders.

Hi Paula, not sure if we will be camping or travelling that weekend although if not camping will be early start from Edinburgh, probably up to Killin for 8am
thebaldfalcon

Postby Paula Hubens » Tue May 01, 2012 9:51 pm

DarrenJeffrey wrote: I can't make the 9th, forgot I'm actually walking the Lairig Ghru that weekend

Hi Darren, hope you had a good trip in Glen Clova, looking forward to a report! No worries, enjoy the Lairig Ghru! 8)

Mountainlove wrote:Hi Paula, I might be up for it, but I am not 100% sure as I might be away . Will be able to tell you closer to the time. I also have a car :D

Hi Mountainlove, that would be great, just let me know nearer the time. :D

thebaldfalcon wrote: Hi Paula, not sure if we will be camping or travelling that weekend although if not camping will be early start from Edinburgh, probably up to Killin for 8am

Hi Steve, just keep me posted of your plans and what start time would be manageable if you are travelling, e.g. 8.30am at the car park (at NN583417)??? I don’t mind early starts (more time to enjoy the hills!), but am equally aware of it being a very early start for you if you are driving from Edinburgh.
Paula Hubens

Postby Tomsie » Mon May 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Give this a bump nearer the time and if I'm off will join in
Tomsie
Walker

Munros:166   Corbetts:71
Fionas:38   Donalds:36
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:8

Postby wevster12 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi Paula. I live in Derbyshire and am looking to get up some Munro's asap. Any room on your Ben Lawers trip? See your munroing 2-16 Jun, any other trips I could join in on?
wevster12
Mountain Walker

Munros:87   
Hewitts:311
Wainwrights:98   

Postby Paula Hubens » Sun May 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Tomsie wrote:Give this a bump nearer the time and if I'm off will join in

Hi Tomsie, great just let me know nearer the time!

wevster12 wrote:Hi Paula. I live in Derbyshire and am looking to get up some Munro's asap. Any room on your Ben Lawers trip? See your munroing 2-16 Jun, any other trips I could join in on?

Hi Wevster12, yes do join for the Ben Lawers 7!
Paula Hubens

Next

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs