walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Hazy Sunshine near Crianlarich

Hazy Sunshine near Crianlarich

Postby Scotsman2012 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben More, Stob Binnein

Date walked: 24/05/2012

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

What a scorcher! 8)

Probably too warm to be climbing a total of about 4,000 feet but I wouldn't have gone out had it been raining so I can't really complain! :D

Anyway, parked up at the wee sign and there was already a couple of cars there so I wasn't getting the place to myself today. I struggled for the first hour or so then this happened...

Ben More & Stob Binnein 005.jpg

Ben More & Stob Binnein 006.jpg

Ben More & Stob Binnein 007.jpg

Seeing my first inversion on a munro just seemed to give me a wee boost :)

I got to the top of Ben More and just pottered about for half an hour, enjoying the solitude...

Ben More & Stob Binnein 010.jpg

Ben More & Stob Binnein 014.jpg

Ben More & Stob Binnein 015.jpg

Ben More & Stob Binnein 018.jpg

Got going again and met a couple of guys on my ascent of Stob Binnein, stopped and chatted to both as I needed an excuse for a breather! :D

I had company on this top, 2 older gents and one of them kindly took my summit pic.

Ben More & Stob Binnein 037.jpg

Spent about half an hour here as well, chatting to the guys, having lunch and taking pics...

Ben More & Stob Binnein 028.jpg

Ben More & Stob Binnein 029.jpg

Ben More & Stob Binnein 031.jpg

Ben More & Stob Binnein 032.jpg

Ben More & Stob Binnein 035.jpg

Now for the descent - not my favourite part of climbing a munro but I suppose I have to get down somehow! It was boggy in places as well, tried my best to avoid the worst bits but I got fed up wandering away from the path. Once I got down to the track, it was just a steady walk back to the start point. Got back to the car and stopped at the Rod & Reel in Crianlarich - I deserved that pint of blackcurrant and lemonade! :D

Ben More & Stob Binnein.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

I didn't walk back to Crianlarich - I forget to switch off my GPS and it tracked my route to the pub! :lol:
Scotsman2012
Mountaineer

Munros:28   Corbetts:6
Fionas:4   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:7   
Wainwrights:2   Islands:13

Re: Hazy Sunshine near Crianlarich

Postby skuk007 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Looks warm up there scotsman, hope you had the suncream on.

Must have been hard work but better than plodding on through clag and rain with no views. Good to see the hills losing the white blanket.

Would recommend the mince and tatties in the Rod & Reel. Always have that when I'm up that way. :)
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland