walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cairngorm Corbett triple

Cairngorm Corbett triple

Postby davetherave » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Càrn Dearg Mòr, Leathad an Taobhain, Meallach Mhòr

Date walked: 03/06/2012

Time taken: 10.25 hours

Distance: 41.6 km

Ascent: 1606m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Date. Sunday 3rd June 2012
Completed by. Dave, Julie, Wilson and Jake
Weather. Mainly dry
Time. 10hrs 15 mins
Distance. 41.6 Km
Ascent. 1606 M
Hills.
Munro’s x 0
Corbett’s x 3
Grahams x 0

Carn Dearg Mhor
Meallach Mor
Leathad an Taobhain

Starting from Glenfeshie Grid ref 997 845

Just a quick report that is more for my own notes on a triple Corbett hill day in The Cairngorms.
Sunday was all we could muster for time off this week, so a wild camp was out of the question. Decided on this Triple Corbett route that would see us walking over 40k+ for our day.
One of the few good things about this route is the bulldozed tracks; they do help to get you across the route that bit quicker!
Weather conditions were pretty good; there were a few heavy showers that seemed to pass quickly, nothing to severe. We even got a wee flutter of snow.
Not the most inspiring of routes, but at least the views of the Main Cairngorms from the Corbett Leathad an Taobhain were enough to ease the pain.

1 (1).JPG
starting out

1 (2).JPG
starting to climb

1 (4).JPG
trig point prior to Carn Dearg Mhor summit

1 (8).JPG
Carn Dearg Mhor summit

1 (12).JPG
looking south from Meallach Mor summit

1 (13).JPG
play time in the Allt Bhran

1 (20).JPG
Carn Dearg Nhor

1 (21).JPG
Meallach Mor

1 (24).JPG
The Jakester

1 (30).JPG
Leathad an Taobhain summit

1 (33).JPG
to the Cairngorms

1 (37).JPG
enjoying the views

1 (38).JPG
looking to the head of Glen Feshie
davetherave

Munros:220   Corbetts:88
Fionas:26   Donalds:5

Re: Cairngorm Corbett triple

Postby gaffr » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 pm

All of these are in my backyard :lol: I have never done these tops in one journey though :) In fact, if I were to be truthful, all of them were visited by using my old muddy fox for access. :wink: Taobhain was visited during a ride from the strath involving Glen Feshie, Taobhain, Minigaig, Bruar, Tilt, Geldie and back down the Feshie. Well I pushed it up what I call the Mogal field to the top of T. after the track up from Feshie ended.....after this it was a good journey on the velo.
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland