walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Beinn Iutharn Mhor

Beinn Iutharn Mhor

Postby jonnoh » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm planning on doing Beinn Iutharn Mhor next week descending north towards Carn Bhac. I've read several reports on here and am a wee bit concerned about the descent due to the talk of loose scree and the steepness of the terrain.
I was hoping someone might have some tips on the best way to tackle this and perhaps some advice on the best route down - if there is one!

Regards

John
jonnoh
Munro compleatist

Re: Beinn Iutharn Mhor

Postby basscadet » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Aye its steep, but not as bad as other descents that I have made.. (like the end of Sail Liath) You'll be fine, there is even a kind of path.. :)
Top tips :- After the first section of scree, head to your left and follow the grassy bit down instead of going through the rocks. Once down the steep bit, keep to the left to avoid the peat hags :thumbup:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Re: Beinn Iutharn Mhor

Postby jonnoh » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:42 pm

basscadet wrote:Aye its steep, but not as bad as other descents that I have made.. (like the end of Sail Liath) You'll be fine, there is even a kind of path.. :)
Top tips :- After the first section of scree, head to your left and follow the grassy bit down instead of going through the rocks. Once down the steep bit, keep to the left to avoid the peat hags :thumbup:

Thanks very much for that fella.
That's a great bit of advice that we will bare in mind once up there.
Cheers
jonnoh
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion