walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Paramo Taiga fleece on the outside???

Paramo Taiga fleece on the outside???

Postby Rudolph » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:57 am

Mrs Santa is branchiing out into the birthday business and for my most recent 21st got me a Taiga fleece which I've been dropping hints about for a while. (If you read this Mrs S - thank you!).

The bumph sugggests that you can put it on over a waterproof (fuera?) and it will work just as well as underneath. I find that a bit difficult to believe. Obviously the answer is to send our daughter out into the garden with it next time it's raining heavily and see how wet she is after a couple of hours. However I've been taught to do a literature search before starting experimental work so I'd be interested in what other people have found .

Daughter says thanks in advance
Rudolph
Mountain Walker

Munros:280   
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Re: Paramo Taiga fleece on the outside???

Postby soulminer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:37 pm

It is certainly not a 'complete' waterproof. I have used mine in heavy snow, and in days with some very heavy showers and remained dry. I have been caught out in bad conditions when it did wet through. A fine enough jacket for a showery/snowy day,but that is about it really, waterproof wise- it was still worth buying though !!
soulminer

Re: Paramo Taiga fleece on the outside???

Postby Rudolph » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks soulminer

Turns out it is not that great inside a fuera shell either - at least not in the sort of rain we had at the weekend. I ended up soaked to the skin though I think much of that came down me neck rather than through the layers.

Need to go and play outside some more to be sure!
Rudolph
Mountain Walker

Munros:280   
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk