walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello

Hello

Postby jam-dons » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:15 am

Hello to you all.
I have just registered to Walk The Highlands. ( 26-08-2012)
I have been using the site for a while but only as a jealous reader of all your reports on your walks.
My roots are on the Isle Of Skye, but have lived in the North London area for many many years, recently moved to the Milton Keynes area.
Although living South of the border my favourite holiday is my week in Scotland every year.
I head for the far North West always around Lochinver,and for many many years i have been captivated by Suilven.
Once i found this site a few years ago i realised that Suilven is within reach of a complete novice.
So this is my year.
As most of you will have guessed i am a mature person and certainly fit enough to do the walk.
As i have said i am a novice, but i am not foolhardy, i will not take the walk lightly.
So sometime during the week commencing the 7-09-2012 weather permitting i am hoping to get to the peak of Suilven, anyone wishing to give advice or tips, please do they will be appreciated.
And hopefully upon my return i will be able to submit my own report on my day on and around Suilven.
Many Thanks
jam-dons
Ambler

Re: Hello

Postby soulminer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Welcome :)
My favourite place in Scotland- Assynt. I have been on Suilven several times- stunning 8)
Here is the link to the Suilven page:

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/grahams/suilven

Many differing route to be found here, happy hunting :thumbup:
soulminer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...