walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Aonach Eagach the notched ridge

Aonach Eagach the notched ridge

Postby springer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Munros included on this walk: Meall Dearg (Aonach Eagach), Sgòrr nam Fiannaidh (Aonach Eagach)

Date walked: 07/10/2012

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 1137m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was a day i was looking forward to since alans said he was goin back with jb likes a beer,savagealice and rockhopper but since i am just a novice munroer alans was a bit worried it wold be to much for me as i had only done 2 munros until now . We meet up at 8.30am at allt na reigh carpark and began to head up at nice pace but as we got higher task of the day started to seem like mission impossible for me anyway as we had to take a few stops on the way up to catch my breath and began to think i had bitten off more than i could handle but with help from the other 4 i carried on determend to finish what was an excellent day and take my tally to 4 munros. thanks to sherpa alans ,jb likes a beer,savagealice and rockhopper for a great day...
springer
Rambler

Munros:25   
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Aonach Eagach the notched ridge

Postby JB likes a beer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi mate well done on completing was a tough day, nae photos yet
JB likes a beer
Mountaineer

Munros:205   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:3

Postby rockhopper » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Yup, it certainly was a great day and thoroughly enjoyed by all :thumbup: It was great meeting you....and as I'm sure I said on more than one occasion that day, I certainly wouldn't have tackled these two as my numbers 3 and 4 munros - well done :clap: - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Paula Hubens » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Woohoo, these were your 3rd and 4th munros! That's some spirit! 8)
Paula Hubens

Postby springer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:50 pm

rockhopper wrote:Yup, it certainly was a great day and thoroughly enjoyed by all :thumbup: It was great meeting you....and as I'm sure I said on more than one occasion that day, I certainly wouldn't have tackled these two as my numbers 3 and 4 munros - well done :clap: - cheers :)
IT was a great day and legs were not as bad as i thought they would be the next dayhttp://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=26016#
springer
Rambler

Munros:25   
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Alan S » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Well done mate. no bad for your 3rd and 4th 8)
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby pollyh33 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Jeezo, A/E ridge for your 3rd and 4th???? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

You're in for a big disappointment when you head out for the big lumpy ones!!! Just make sure you have top notch company like you had here and you'll have a laugh no matter what- enjoy!!!!
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland