walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello, and a question

Hello, and a question

Postby gergaskman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Hello! I'm new here but I've been creating adventures for myself (walking, cycling, wild camping, getting to know places) in Highlands for 35 years, sometimes from as far away as Penzance. I now work at Inverness and Fort William so you can imagine to temptation to abort my commute and go walking.
But may I ask, when did Kinloch Laggan get to be in Perthshire (Creag Ruadh Kinloch Laggan i.e. north of A86)? If I stayed in a Perthshire B&B to explore Creag Ruadh I wouldn't be best pleased with the drive involved, when I could've stayed in a Laggan or Newtonmore B&B instead.
gergaskman
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   

Re: Hello, and a question

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Welcome to the site and congrats on the move north - Penzance was a bit of a way to come from for a trip to the Highlands.

THanks for pointing out the Creag Ruadh Graham being connected with the incorrect region; this has now been fixed. :clap:
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Re: Hello, and a question

Postby gaffr » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 pm

I guess this is the problem when there are three Creag Ruadh Grahams. :) Don't think that there are any Geal Charn's. :lol:
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...