walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Schiehallion walking buddy Sunday Nov. 25th ?

Schiehallion walking buddy Sunday Nov. 25th ?

Postby westerlystorm » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi,
I am possibly looking for a walking buddy for Schiehallion on Sunday November 25th, but only if weather is permitting.

Based in Northern Ireland and it looks like I will be working in Aberdeen Tuesday 27th so want to take advantage of the opportunity. Will confirm trip early next week.

Have walked Nevis, Cruachan and Bidean Nam Bian but at 59 I am not the fastest walker in the world, so intend to leave before dawn and make it an amble rather than a power walk.

Missed out on doing a Munro this summer so this will be my first winter Munro walk and would prefer company.

Thanks

Gareth

P.S. I am coming by car and will stay in the Schiehallion area over the weekend
westerlystorm
Mountaineer

Munros:3   

Re: Schiehallion walking buddy Sunday Nov. 25th ?

Postby Luke88 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:04 pm

I've just agreed to work this day otherwise I would have joined. Sorry pal
Luke88
Mountain Walker

Munros:89   Corbetts:6
Sub 2000:4   

Re: Schiehallion walking buddy Sunday Nov. 25th ?

Postby Play2End » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Looking at the forecast for this Sunday I am doubtful if you will be able to get out on to the hill. Good luck if you do and put in a good walk report!
Play2End
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:92
Fionas:74   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:192   Hewitts:15
Wainwrights:17   Islands:32

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs