walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Please welcome me.

Please welcome me.

Postby stewieb14 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 am

Hi all. I am Stewart, or Stew, as I prefer. I am a sassenach with a deep love of Scotland. My wife and I have holidayed in the Highlands for over 25 years now. There are not many roads in the Highlands I have not driven on. But, I love the hills and Glens. I have done Ben Nevis twice, last time on my 50th birthday, and intend to do it again on my 60th. After that, Ladher Bheinn is my next target. The memories of my walk from Kinloch Hourn to Inverie, will stay with me forever.
stewieb14
Bird-watcher

Re: Please welcome me.

Postby Scotjamie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:32 am

Welcome to the site, Stew (and your good lady) ...a pleading post submitted after midnight is bound to get you at least one sympathy response :)
Sounds like you know Scotland as well as many on this site. I also love Knoydart though many of my own memories are blurred by nights in the Old Forge...ale-induced alzheimers.
imho - pass the Ben and head to Ladhar Bheinn for your 60th!! :wink:

Enjoy the site.
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby Harmen NL » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Hello Stew,

welcome to this congregation of Cobbler-and-other hill chasing con-people.
There´s lots going on, and I look forward to hearing from your next Scotland adventure.
Like you, I´m a lowlander with a highland heart.
Have you done the Ben by the Carn Mor Dearg arete yet? I had a fun time on that, some years ago!

Cheers, Harmen.
Harmen NL
Mountaineer

Munros:34   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:5   
Islands:8

Postby The Rodmiester » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Hello Stew, welcome to the site :) . May I wish you many more happy holidays in Scotland and hope you and your wife continue to enjoy all your future outdoor adventures in the great Scottish countryside :) .
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...