walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Glen Nevis area around New Year

Glen Nevis area around New Year

Postby madprof » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm staying in Glen Nevis hostel for a few days over New Year and fancying some not-too-intense climbs. Was thinking of going up the Ben (via mountain track) as long as it isn't too windy and some other walks around the place. It's all going to be weather-dependent, so we shall see!
I'm reasonably fit and have done solo winter walks but only the one time in Scotland. This is all for me to get more winter experience.
I trust my navigation skills enough to go on my own but I'm not familiar with the area so reckon it's a safer bet to hook up with someone.
So...anyone about?
madprof
Mountaineer

Munros:60   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   
Walk wish-list

Re: Glen Nevis area around New Year

Postby lewis123 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 pm

hi mad prof. Can't manage New Year or would have joined you. Was planning on heading down tomorrow for 2 days but forecast is awful.
Let me know if you need company in the weeks following the new year. I know the area a little and am keen on having a go at the mamores and grey corries.

Cheers
Lewis
lewis123
Mountaineer

Munros:214   Corbetts:60
Fionas:31   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:103   
Islands:3

Postby madprof » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks - yes the forecast is awful. Certainly intending to return, especially if it is blowing a gale for the next week but living 500 miles away means it needs a lot of planning.
madprof
Mountaineer

Walk wish-list

Postby Katrina » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 pm

If I can get time off work yes, have been looking for someone to walk there already notakers amongst my friends. I will get back to you soon as I speak to my boss
Katrina
Hill Bagger

Postby madprof » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 am

Sadly I had already departed by the time you posted it. Hope you managed to get out somehow.
madprof
Mountaineer

Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs