walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello and Happy Christmas!

Hello and Happy Christmas!

Postby UncleSimes » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Hello,

I got into the Munros when I was a student at Stirling Uni, managed to climb a fair few then and over the following years when I lived in Scotland and London, now only able to make one or two trips a year due to living in the Netherlands (seems like there are a few Dutch members of the forum though so it's not only me that finds the flat landscape makes me long for the hills!). I've now climbed 160 or so but at my current rate I'll be 150 years old by the time I compleat!

Just wanted to thank everyone who has posted so many fantastic trip reports and photos, I'm sure I'm not the only person who's far away from the hills who spends hours reading them and wishing I was there not here! Also getting some good inspiration for future trips from some of your expeditions, thanks very much and keep the reports coming.

Cheers, Simon
UncleSimes
Mountain Walker

Munros:225   
Hewitts:1

Re: Hello and Happy Christmas!

Postby Scotjamie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Welcome to the forum Simon and happy new year when it comes. I live in East Lothian, which is kind of near Denmark. I have not compleated and I am almost 150 years old, so there is much hope for you. Have noticed a few peeps from your part of the world, so perhaps time for a walkhighnetherlands offshoot. You obviously enjoy the site already so will look forward to some walk reports from you. :D
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...