walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

New Forest

New Forest

Postby Yochy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Date walked: 17/02/2013

Time taken: 4.3

Distance: 17 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A day out with the dog ( Rocky), wet muddy and warm. A lovely sunny day for a change, hope you enjoy photos. This is my first go at posting a walk so I hope it works :roll: . Not the Highlands, but as good as it gets at the moment :D
Attachments
new forest 17th feb 2013 013.jpg
020.jpg
021.jpg
022.jpg
023.jpg
012.jpg
new forest 17th feb 2013 014.jpg
new forest 17th feb 2013 013.jpg
new forest 17th feb 2013 012.jpg
new forest 17th feb 2013 011.jpg
new forest 17th feb 2013 010.jpg
new forest 17th feb 2013 009.jpg
new forest 17th feb 2013 007.jpg
new forest 17th feb 2013 005.jpg
new forest 17th feb 2013 006.jpg

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Yochy
Mountaineer

Hewitts:2

Re: New Forest

Postby ChrisW » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Lovely shots of the New Forest Yochy, looks like you've had some rain :roll: Always a fantastic place to walk though whatever the conditions, nice first post, keep 'em coming :clap:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Yochy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Thanks Chris, South of england not the best place to live for a walker, nothing but farms where I live, just the odd footpath :thumbdown: without driving for a few hours. Had been raining for weeks, was going to put me wet suit on :crazy: . There are some longish walks, ie South downs way, Wayfarer's walk, Ridge way etc, all through farms and ploughed fields, have you fallen asleep yet :) . Your part of the world looks a bit more interesting though :sick: , you lucky boy :wink:
Yochy
Mountaineer

Postby ChrisW » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Yochy wrote:Thanks Chris, South of england not the best place to live for a walker, nothing but farms where I live, just the odd footpath :thumbdown: without driving for a few hours. Had been raining for weeks, was going to put me wet suit on :crazy: . There are some longish walks, ie South downs way, Wayfarer's walk, Ridge way etc, all through farms and ploughed fields, have you fallen asleep yet :) . Your part of the world looks a bit more interesting though :sick: , you lucky boy :wink:

I wish I could get out in it mate, came back to the UK for 10 days and returned to Calgary with Bronchitis :roll: the bloody stairs feel like a 8,000 footer right now :lol:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Lenore » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 pm

I like flat forest walks and if you've got them on offer, I'd like reports on walks through farm country as well, so do continue posting more! :-D
Lenore
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Yochy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:53 am

I wish I could get out in it mate, came back to the UK for 10 days and returned to Calgary with Bronchitis the bloody stairs feel like a 8,000 footer right now

Its all that good polluted blighty air Chris :D , hope you are feeling better and able to get out into the hills. Did you need your ice axe for the stairs :shock:

I like flat forest walks and if you've got them on offer, I'd like reports on walks through farm country as well, so do continue posting more!

Hi Lenore, Thank you, we do have some lovely rolling hills down here, great at any time of the year, but best in the spring/summer. Long days mean longer walks, only wild camping can be a problem, so have to plan some walks around camp sites. There are a few drovers routes around my area which lead to the coast, 50 to 70 miles on average. Makes a nice weekend walk with great views, I will post more asap :)
Yochy
Mountaineer

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland