walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A Sunday walk in the western Cairngorms.

A Sunday walk in the western Cairngorms.

Postby gaffr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Date walked: 26/02/2013

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

When you have the hills so close to home you can look out of the window and decide to go. No long journey and maybe only a litre of fuel for the 'old infernal combustion thing' are big attractions and I don't seem to mind travelling over often visited ground....it is always different....it is getting up high that really matters. :)

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

50HPIM6374.JPG
Some practice? snowholes at the wee slot where my route joined the track up from Achlean
51HPIM6375.JPG
I don't ever tire of the summit area of Gaoith even more so when you pop out of the mist.
52HPIM6378.JPG
Two folks approaching the top of Gaoith.....voices in the mist were heard before they appeared.
54HPIM6381.JPG
A look back to Gaoith on my way out to Sgoran Dubh Mor.
54HPIM6381.JPG[/attachment]
56HPIM6382.JPG
The summit area of Sgoran Dubh Mor.
I met two folks descending from the Carn Ban Mor area when they had camped overnight and while descending from SD Mor I bumped into three from the Netherlands flogging their way upwards for an overnight camp.....a very pleasant day out.
Attachments
53HPIM6380.JPG
A window on the braeriach area.
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland