walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Newbie doing Ben Wyvis Saturday

Newbie doing Ben Wyvis Saturday

Postby Chris Webb » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:01 am

Hi Chris from Orkney here, driving to Inverness this weekend and hope to do Ben Wyvis on Saturday if anyone interested. I know the forecast is not to great but want to get out as away anyway. Hopefully do another couple of munros on Sunday as well.
I know my profile says I have only done 3 munros but in fact I have done a lot more than this, but I have only started logging them this year so thought I would start from scratch again.
I am interested in walking and climbing, so if anyone fancies a trip this weekend please get in touch.
Chris Webb

Munros:19   Corbetts:1

Re: Newbie doing Ben Wyvis Saturday

Postby SAVAGEALICE » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

only just seen this post Chris ..how did you get on this weekend? ..not great weather for it ..looks better tomorrow ..in future you might be better posting in the "meeting up" section, ..think more people check there
SAVAGEALICE

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:81   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:46   Hewitts:22
Wainwrights:33   Islands:21

Re: Newbie doing Ben Wyvis Saturday

Postby Chris Webb » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks for that, I met up with someone at the car park, who looked at the post but never replied, as it was I was glad that someone else was brave or stupid enough to set out.

All was fine till we got to the 900m mark and then the wind hit us, along with the spindrift ad snow, to say that conditions were marginal were an understatement. Winds in excess of 50mph on the sumit ridge, 45 degree walking at about 1 mile per hour.

Not weather conditions to admire the view, so it was just a case of turning around and being blown back along the ridge to An Cabar.

I did Beinn Tealach on Sunday and the conditions were the complete opposite, clear blue skies for most of the day, or at least untill I had the second summit in the bag, then it turned to more snow and hail showers.

Cheers
Chris Webb

Munros:19   Corbetts:1

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...