walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

kiltwalk

kiltwalk

Postby alfie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 pm

hi me and a few pals are takin part in KILTWALK,it starts at hampden park and finishes at loch lomond and its for various kids charities!am wonderin if anyone has any experience of this as its been goin for a couple of years!its 26 miles and am really lookin forward to it!thanks :D
alfie
Munro compleatist

Munros:102   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

Re: kiltwalk

Postby coachmacca » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:00 pm

alfie wrote:hi me and a few pals are takin part in KILTWALK,it starts at hampden park and finishes at loch lomond and its for various kids charities!am wonderin if anyone has any experience of this as its been goin for a couple of years!its 26 miles and am really lookin forward to it!thanks :D

No experience but wanted to say good on you and good luck! Do you have a justgiving link or anything? (if its not breaking any WH rules?)
coachmacca
Stravaiging

Munros:39   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   

Postby alfie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:13 pm

thanks bud,a dont know how sponsorship works only that we pay £20 to take part and are gettin sponsorship forms fae organisers !it gets split between a few childrens charities in scotland and i think thats a brilliant cause!ye could check out the site KILTWALK and get yersel involved if ye fancied either giving or takin part!26 miles in a kilt man fae hampden to loch lomond,guid day out a reckon! :D
alfie
Munro compleatist

Munros:102   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Caberfeidh » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:44 am

I tried doing the WHW in my kilt. N.B. Do not attempt this in midge season. :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion