walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from Brittany

Hello from Brittany

Postby Premlal » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi,

I've just realised that I've been reading the forum and website for ages and posted my first report without having even introduced myself. Shame on me but better late than never. So I'm 26 from France (near Rennes) and apart from thinking of living in Scotland I collect british cars. I'll more or less quote myself to finish the presentation:

"My first visit to Scotland was in 2007 with a mate. We basically went around trying to aim at the destinations highlighted in the travel guides (i.e. Edinburgh, Glencoe, Isle of Skye...). Although a bit disorganized this first trip got me interested in Scotland and after that week I couldn't think of anything else but coming back. I therefore started to watch/read quite a lot about it. I went back the following year driving from Norwich to John O' Groats and then coming down the N/NW coast. At the end of this trip I climbed Ben A'an which then got me interested in hillwalking. I then waited a full 4 years before coming back! So I booked 2 weeks in 2012 to discover the Outer Hebrides and climb Suilven"

My policy is now to spend at least 1 week in Scotland each year.

Cheers

Premlal
Premlal
Mountain Walker

Munros:3   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Hello from Brittany

Postby Caberfeidh » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 pm

You'll not get much done in a week - better make it a month.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Re: Hello from Brittany

Postby Premlal » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:37 am

Caberfeidh wrote:You'll not get much done in a week - better make it a month.

Good point but I reckon quite a lot can still be done in 1 week and it's financially easier :roll:
Premlal
Mountain Walker

Munros:3   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:2   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...