walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Fort Bills 2 Subs

Fort Bills 2 Subs

Postby Johnny Corbett » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:56 am

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Bidein Bad na h-Iolaire, Druim na h-Earba

Date walked: 12/04/2013

Time taken: 2.3 hours

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had a couple of hours spare after dropping the girls off at the swimming pool so i headed for these two Subs. I left from the viewpoint and in fifteen minutes i was at the summit of Drium na h-Earba. A path takes you all the way up. The path continues from the summit, which i stayed on before making my way down by the fence line towards the farm. I crossed the road and made my way over a couple of fields, heading for the ridge to Bidein Bad na h-Lolaire. This is a fine ridge with a few ups and downs and on a better day would have been a great viewpoint. I headed directly towards the car from the summit down some steep gound then over rough ground before getting back to the start. What i saw when i got back to the car enraged me. At the picnic table was a pile of discarded rubbish from Mcdonalds and sitting in a car was a family eating a Mcdonalds. I can't be sure it was theirs but it did start to rain on my way back and i came to the conclusion they were eating outside the car then returned when the rain came on, leaving their rubbish at the picnic table but thats roughnecks for you.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

F2 019.JPG
Fort William

F2 020.JPG
Start of the path

F2 021.JPG
Fort William

F2 022.JPG
Loch Linnhe

F2 023.JPG
Bidein Bad na h-Lolaire

F2 024.JPG
The Mammores

F2 025.JPG
Meall an t-Slamain

F2 026.JPG
My route down

F2 027.JPG
Route down

F2 028.JPG
The ridge

F2 029.JPG
The summit

F2 030.JPG
Nevis range

F2 031.JPG
Great Glen

F2 032.JPG
Loch Linnhe
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Re: Fort Bills 2 Subs

Postby hills » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Nice one combining these, very nice viewpoints eh. Have done the druim, and on a lovely morning (post party, all i could manage), will go up there again....
hills
Hill Bagger

Munros:255   Corbetts:170
Fionas:172   Donalds:88
Sub 2000:191   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:32   Islands:34

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland