walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Montaineering from Aviemore / Kingussie

Montaineering from Aviemore / Kingussie

Postby Bonanaud » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi,

I'm french and I've planned to come in Scotland with some friends next summer. We particularly think about mountaineering near Aviemore / Kingussie. But we will not have a car all along our trip and I wonder if there is a quite efficient public transport from Aviemore to Cairngorm Mountain Base ? Enough efficient to leave from Aviemore on the morning and to come back on the evening ?

I didn't find neither on your website nor on maps if there are some shelters in mountains in this area. Can you tell me it ?

Sorry for my english and sorry if my post isn't on the right part of the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Phil
Bonanaud
Stravaiging

Re: Montaineering from Aviemore / Kingussie

Postby jmarkb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:42 am

Hi Phil,

There is a bus service from Aviemore to the Cairngorm ski car park which runs about once an hour during the day - here's the timetable: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/Timetable_37036_Badenoch%20&%20Strathspey%20area.pdf

There are a few very basic mountain shelters (bothies) in the area: they are listed on this site: http://www.mountainbothies.org.uk/bothies.asp

Hope you have a great time in Scotland!
Mark.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Re: Montaineering from Aviemore / Kingussie

Postby Bonanaud » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the information, it will very precious, notably for the bothies !

Phil
Bonanaud
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion