walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Toubkal?

Toubkal?

Postby tenohfive » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:50 pm

I've potentially got the opportunity to get on a trip to Toubkal. It's come slightly out of the blue so I know nothing other than what a quick Google tells me (which so far is that it could be 30 degrees or it could be ice axe and crampons weather) and some general pointers around the route from Imlil.

Has anyone been and if so how did it go? Any impressions or opinions, likely weather/kit requirements or anything else that could be useful whilst I mull over whether or not to go for it?
tenohfive

Munros:2   
Hewitts:40
Wainwrights:44   

Re: Toubkal?

Postby trekker53 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:29 pm

I did Mount Toubkal, Morocco North Africas highest mountain many years ago. I was in a guided group in the summer months, possibly July. There was some snow but not troublesome. I wore normal hiking gear with extra fleece, hat and gloves if it got too cold. If you do hillwalking you'll have no problem in bagging it.
Morocco and the High Atlas mountains are fantastic.
I'm not sure if you're going with a guide or group or what time of year you're planning, but I say just go for it. It should be a memorable experience.

Charlie
trekker53
Munro compleatist

Munros:215   Corbetts:88
Fionas:42   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:50   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:7   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion