walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Ledi

Ben Ledi

Postby L-Hiking » Mon May 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Route description: Ben Ledi

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Ledi

Date walked: 19/05/2013

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 380m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I have been looking forward to the trip to Scotland for some time and of course hoping for some clear skies and the opportunity to take some pictures to share with you all on Walk Highlands.

We did not get off to a very good start the good old UK weather seemed to be following me around, the trip over the Pennines and up the M6/M74 was nothing short of torrential rain and thick fog. Any way hey ho it had stopped raining the next day when we set off from Kenmore towards Callendar for our planned first days walk up Ben Lidi.

Passing through Lochanherd I saw a Policeman waving at me...Yikes he was not waving I was slightly over the 30MPH limit, lucky for me I do not think the speed trap had yet been established and I would not be in reciept of a letter from the local constabulary.

Arriving at the car park at around 10am we decided to try the Walk Highlands route and return via the Stank Glen.

As we gained height we gradually cleared the mist however the top of the mountain was still shrouded, maybe a hopeful inversion photograph or two I thought?

It was not to be as the good old clag was determined to stick to the summit.

The return route can I consider to be a little confusing especially in mist leading from the summit as I found out and had to check regularly to ensure I was on the right track which involved a little back tracking here and there.

Once at the Bealach nan Corp the way down is a delight and thoroughly enjoyable, and must be wonderful in clear weather.

Heres a few pics I took on the way.

Cheers

P1020368.JPG
Car Park with lots of activity
P1020370.JPG
The view after emerging from the woods
P1020371.JPG
Looking back towards Loch Lubnaig
P1020372.JPG
Summit panorama
P1020373.JPG
Another summit view
P1020376.JPG
Stank Glen
P1020375.JPG
P1020374.JPG
P1020377.JPG
Waterfall
L-Hiking
Mountaineer

Munros:78   Corbetts:8
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Ben Ledi

Postby SusieThePensioner » Mon May 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Glad you managed to get out and walk, Geoff. I enjoyed seeing your photos and hope you and Carol have some better weather for the rest of the week :D
SusieThePensioner

Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland