walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

quick bit of spittal of glenshee advice if possible

quick bit of spittal of glenshee advice if possible

Postby bydand_loon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:01 pm

debating where to go tomorrow and Glas Tulaichean is looking like a decent option, I read somewhere that the Dalmunzie House Hotel at the spittal is/was up for sale/changed hands. Has anyone been recently, Im just trying to find out if they still allowed walkers to park up at the hotel, it would save us a mile or two in this oppressive heat :wink: and maybe even allow time for a recovery cold guinness or two
bydand_loon
Hill Bagger

Re: quick bit of spittal of glenshee advice if possible

Postby Tomsie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Don't see why not give a ring just in case
Tomsie
Walker

Munros:166   Corbetts:71
Fionas:38   Donalds:36
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:8

Postby The Rodmiester » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:24 pm

I think they charge £2.00 parking charge, if you park at hotel, all very pleasant and a nice pint in the bar afterwards. Saves you a long walk from the Spittal :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Lightfoot2017 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Eek, sorry I missed this on Friday. I was up there last weekend and bagged Glas Tulaichean, Carn an Righ and Beinn Iutharn Mhor in great weather too. :D

What you will no doubt know by now is that the hotel is indeed open for business and they charge £2.50 to park there for the day.

I arrived too "early" (0745hrs) and there were no staff around at that time to pay, so I had to pay upon my return.

Great place for a pint after the long walk back in. However, the pints are grossly over-priced... £4.20 for a shandy?? Outrageous!! :evil:
Lightfoot2017
Mountain Walker

Munros:182   
Fionas:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion