walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

New Member - novice

New Member - novice

Postby Grant Donaldson » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi All,
I started walking with my first two munros on 10th May with a team building climb with my work when we did Mayar and Driesh.
On 4th June Archie invited me to join him on a walk where he would complete his 200th munro.
We went to Glen Etive with Alan and Davie and we climbed Meall nan Eun, Stob Coir an Albannaich, Glas Bienn Mhor, Bienn nan Aighenan and Ben Strarav.
This took me 11.5 hours and I was exhausted after it but my lasting memory today is the views from the tops and the friendships made on the day.
This was a mammoth difference from Mayar and Driesh and I was probably a bit naive to take it on but what a sence of achievement.
Wow, Scotland truly has beauty that compares with anywhere else in the world.
Congrantulations Archie and thanks for the experience, I think I've truly got the bug now:)
What a perfect day!
Grant Donaldson
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:1

Re: New Member - novice

Postby mrssanta » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:38 am

well Done Grant, you better get onto your munro map and start making those red balloons go blue!
Then there will be no stopping you!
It's a good obsession to have. :roll:
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Re: New Member - novice

Postby Fife Flyer » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi Grant & welcome - love Glen Clova area, hoping to go back in a couple of weeks with my work colleagues & do Mayar & Driesh again :wink:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:130   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...