walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A wee quickie

A wee quickie

Postby Bbbadger » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Dumyat

Date walked: 11/06/2013

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 7 km

Ascent: 418m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

As stated in my first report I was a bit rusty after a 14 year break from the hills but emboldened by my recent successful return Mrs Bbbadger and myself embraced our relapsed state and looked for another peak to conquer. Being a weekday it had to be fitted in between school runs with some leeway just in case. Dumyat seemed like an ideal choice.
The food and kit had been organised the previous night so as not to cause any delays. The weather was much better than forecast when we arrived at the starting point, easily identified by the numerous cars and well worn path visible from the road.
10 minutes or so into the climb I realised after taking out the camera that I was carrying all my clean jeans and shirt and jacket which I had planned to leave in the car. Being too lazy to go back I decided to Humf the lot up and down.
The views of Wallace Monument and Stirling Uni were clear but the Forth Estuary was a bit cloudy. Mrs Bbbadger led the way as map reading was not needed and we could soon see the summit.
We would have been quicker but for the great photo opportunities afforded by such a tiddler of a hill punching above its weight in that respect.
Never the less, after some puffing and panting were we're soon at the summit where we were rewarded with the cloud clearing. This allowed us to bask in the sun, leisurely eating our egg rolls which seem to be the snack of choice lately.
The good weather and timescale encouraged us to venture out to the cairn end outcrop on the descent for more photo opportunities.
The outcrop was quiet and grassy and may have reminded us of our courting days as we had a wee cuddle in the lush grass where unfortunately I was stung by a nettle.
The highlight of the day passed, we completed the descent back to the car for a well deserved cup of tea and the remainder of the egg rolls.
I would definitely do the hill again if only to kindle the memory of an afternoon delight.
Bbbadger
Mountaineer

Munros:75   Corbetts:14
Fionas:8   Donalds:15
Sub 2000:34   
Islands:3

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland