walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

just to say hello, thanks and little intro..

just to say hello, thanks and little intro..

Postby Unda » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:57 pm

I've been using 'walkhighlands' for years and did not know I could join it myself :) Always wondered -who are those busy bees who made this site. :)
So I firstly would like to say big thanks to this site, because it helped me become a hill bagger.
Always loved outdoors and walks but just couple of years ago got into hillwalking. My partner used to be Munro bagger so he is the experience in our club of two. :) He has acrophobia - fear of heights, but he loves hillwalking nevertheless.
It was hard to choose: am I a wanderer, walker or hill bagger... I think there should be added an option 'explorer' :) just an idea. It is very rewarding if at the end of the day you can say I bagged this and this hill, but I would hate to miss the wild things that live out there or would definitely enjoy the refreshing berries on the way and would definitely pick the wild mushroom for the dinner.. :) I wouldn't take them all- I'd share with squirrels!
I'd never travel without the camera. Favourite travel destinations: Scotland and France (haven't done much hillwalking there though). We live in Edinburgh so mostly have 1 or 2 day trips to the Central and West Highlands. It's not that we wouldn't like to travel further north... this is where LTD comes into our club name :) limited time and finances. :lol:
Couple of weeks ago we did walk from Glas Maol to Lochnagar, bagged 7 Munros and got totally exhausted but proud of ourselves :) I'm hoping to compile a blog about it because I could not find any description of the walk anywhere online so I thought it could be useful to some other people.
Unda

Munros:17   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:6   

Re: just to say hello, thanks and little intro..

Postby Fife Flyer » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:46 am

Welcome Unda - you need to update your munro/corbett etc map on here, blue balloons are catching :wink:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Re: just to say hello, thanks and little intro..

Postby mrssanta » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:13 pm

looking forward to reading your report on that walk
we did a similar one, with an overnight camp. you can find our report here
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15594
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...