walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from Yorkshire

Hello from Yorkshire

Postby martin.h » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello Everyone,
Although I've been a member for nearly two years now I must apologise for not introducing myself sooner.
I am a keen mountain walker and have been since I was introduced to Scotland by my school in 1974 age 14.
We stayed in a hostel in Bridge of Orchy and spent the week climbing mountains, brilliant, I've had the bug ever since. Now that the children have grown up, my wife Denise and I have begun to aim for longer days in the hills and when we come to Scotland we like to try a few munro's and corbetts. We just love the solitude the views and the effort involved.
We are coming up w/c 27/7 basing ourselves on Skye but hoping to do South Glen Shiel Ridge, The Brothers, The Sisters, and a couple of easy munro's in the Cuillins.
I will post walk reports when we get back, any advice on this would be good as I am new to forums.
All your walk reports are excellent, well done to you all, they are informative, well written and amusing.
Thanks to you all,
martin.h
martin.h
Mountain Walker

Munros:223   Corbetts:25
Fionas:15   Donalds:15+2
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:151
Wainwrights:214   Islands:29
Walk wish-list

Re: Hello from Yorkshire

Postby The Rodmiester » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi there martin.h, and welcome, wow hope the good weather keeps up for your visit to Skye and the Scottish mainland. Some fantastic hill walking days you have in store. You probably have read two reports on the Brothers and Sisters of Kintail and I did the Brothers Ridge myself see report just last weekend. Both ridges on either side are wonderful days out. Enjoy! If you need further info re the two reports or some of the easier routes just PM me, ok :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...