walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello

Hello

Postby FrenchWalker » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:33 am

Hi,

Just a little message to introduce myself. I'm a French amateur walker, aged 20, who loves nature, wilderness, and isolated areas. I fell in love with the Scottish landscapes last year, as I went to the Isle of Arran for a whole week of wild-camping and walking/hiking.

I would consider myself as athletic, determined, and fit for difficult walks (Grade 4), though not highly experienced. I'll be pleased to receive any advice from experienced walkers, and share my views on the walks I've completed.

See you !
FrenchWalker
Munro compleatist

Sub 2000:1   

Re: Hello

Postby The Rodmiester » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:56 am

Hi there FrenchWalker, glad your visit inspired you to take up walking and maybe head on over to the Scottish Mainland or Skye to explore more Scottish Hills. I look forward to seeing your future TR's on the hills and just add that this site probably is the best for advice re anything to do with the Scottish walking scene. By the way I have not been to Arran yet, lucky you! :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby FrenchWalker » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Thank your for welcoming me! :D

I'm now planning on visiting Wester Ross, which guide books and websites like this one often recommend. (I'm pretty sure you've already been there... :wink: ) I'll keep you updated!
FrenchWalker
Munro compleatist

Sub 2000:1   

Postby The Rodmiester » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:34 pm

FrenchWalker wrote:Thank your for welcoming me! :D

I'm now planning on visiting Wester Ross, which guide books and websites like this one often recommend. (I'm pretty sure you've already been there... :wink: ) I'll keep you updated!

Oh I envy you, one of my favourite places, absolutely wonderful. I hope the weather is kind to you. Look forward to any reports from that part. :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...