walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Nae views on Creise

Nae views on Creise

Postby Ian Bayne » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Munros included on this walk: Creise, Meall a' Bhùiridh

Date walked: 24/08/2013

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 11 km

Ascent: 1110m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Me Steve and the dug Booted and suited at the ski centre at 0800 Mwis nearly correct 70% clear hills no chance as it turned out all day clag clag and mair clag . This walk was done by the book kept to the right of the tows followed the faint path got to the cairn on Meall a Bhuiridh just after 10am , as well as the clag Drizzle . I dont know what other walkers think but I would prefer it to rain than the drizzle. While we were on the top it was jackets .
A quick look at the map then on our way to Creise down to the 800m at the beallach then up to the cairn got there in just under 1hr 20 min no point in hanging about clag rain and a wee breeze no views . All to be done now was to retrace our steps back to the ski centre . Passed about 40 walkers I(mainly from the emerald isle) heading up to Bhuiridh for a completion plenty heavy packs and clanking of bottles passed the time of day with a few groups once below the clag it turned out to be a good day then the curse of the midge Back at the car park there was a slight breeze which kept the curse at bay while wehad a few of Buds finest chilled amber necter heaven BLISS a good day out
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG
008.JPG
Meall a bhuiridh
011.JPG
Creise
012.JPG
016.JPG
I dont care if Im wet youre wet
017.JPG
019.JPG
026.JPG
next target after hols
030.JPG
feed me now
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Munros:184   Corbetts:39
Fionas:13   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:12   

Re: Nae views on Creise

Postby pigeon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:45 pm

What's this?Are you no meant to be stateside?Must have got duff info from a wee English fella :lol: Another 2 in the bag though,shame about the weather,there's good views from Criese :wink:
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:130
Fionas:41   Donalds:40+7
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2
Walk wish-list

Postby soulminer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Indeed a shame about the weather.
We were up Beinn Mhic Chasgaig, and crossed over to Creise yesterday in finer conditions. I thought, when I saw the report, that it may have been you I captured in a zoom shot on the MaB summit from top of Stob a' Ghlais Choire

DSCN0519 by BoydBlair, on Flickr

- but it was a day earlier :lol: Hope the 'compleatist' insisted all the empties were removed :wink:
Cheers.
soulminer

Postby Ian Bayne » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:37 pm

pigeon wrote:What's this?Are you no meant to be stateside?Must have got duff info from a wee English fella :lol: Another 2 in the bag though,shame about the weather,there's good views from Criese :wink:

Texas bound on sunday Arrive back on the 20th We will need to hook up again . Nice walk shame about the views Might do this one again if the weather is good .
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Postby Ian Bayne » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:41 pm

soulminer wrote:Indeed a shame about the weather.
We were up Beinn Mhic Chasgaig, and crossed over to Creise yesterday in finer conditions. I thought, when I saw the report, that it may have been you I captured in a zoom shot on the MaB summit from top of Stob a' Ghlais Choire

DSCN0519 by BoydBlair, on Flickr

- but it was a day earlier :lol: Hope the 'compleatist' insisted all the empties were removed :wink:
Cheers.

So thats what the top looked like . The person in the photo has got hair pity about the clag still a good day though
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland