walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi All

Hi All

Postby Poocini » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to the site. I have been reading for a while, and decided to take the plunge and join.

I was a regular hillwalker as a child, with my dad dragging me up various mountains, but sort of fell out of it as I got older, and probably did my last bit of hillwalking with a trip up the Meikle Bin about a week or so before I moved down South in '99. I'm back visiting my parents on a fairly regular basis in Cumbernauld now, and have started to get back into it.

I've sort of picked up where I left off, and my hill of choice, due to its close proximity to Cumbernauld, is once again the Meikle Bin, with a couple of trips up there recently, although I'm looking to spread my range a bit wider in the coming months, with Ben Ledi, Ben A'an and The Cobbler all under consideration, and given their comparative closeness to where I live now, I'll probably be exploring the Brecon Beacons as well. Any recommendations gratefully accepted!
Poocini
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:19

Re: Hi All

Postby GillC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi Poocini

Welcome to the site. Im not so far from you,,along in Muirhead...really handy for the Argyll hills etc as you say,,in fact,,my blue balloons are frustratingly clustered across the central belt/lower highlands. Keep an eye on the Meet Up forum for others suggesting climbs/walks and do the same, theres usually someone willing to accompany you.

Best of luck and happy walking. G
GillC
Munro compleatist

Munros:64   Corbetts:50
Fionas:32   Donalds:30
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:22

Postby Poocini » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Cheers G,

I'm trying to expand my horizons a bit beyond the central belt. When I was a wee boy I had a poster of Scotland with all the Munroes on the wall, and I'd ticked off about 60 of them, with a lot of them fairly far up north. Having lost the poster, I can't remember what I'd actually done, so I'm now starting over again!

BTW - Is the chip shop still open in Muirhead, across from the green? Since the M80 redirection, I haven't been through there for ages. The blackpudding supper there was probably the best I've ever had!
Poocini
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:19

Postby GillC » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 am

haha,,yes,,The Park chippy is still there, I try not to frequent it TOO often lol. It used to be the only fast food place in Muirhead,,now got 2 Chinese, 3 Indian, chippy and a couple of sit in café places,,,Cosmopolitan or what??
GillC
Munro compleatist

Postby fiona_3 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:11 am

Hi!
fiona_3

Postby GillC » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:12 am

Hi Fiona,,welcome to the site. :D
GillC
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...