walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Coomb ba ya my Lord

Coomb ba ya my Lord

Postby Bbbadger » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: White Coomb

Donalds included on this walk: Lochcraig Head , Molls Cleuch Dod, White Coomb

Date walked: 28/09/2013

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 780m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After checking out the weather the borders looked the best bet for a wee walk.
Inspired by a WH report we opted for a wee circular of two Donald's and a Corbett around the Grey Mare's Tail.
Should have payed more attention to the weather report and included sun cream, sunglasses and a hat for shade as it was a scorcher! Lesson also learned on the water front....double the amount for a sunny day!
Anyway height is gained quickly from the car park and the views have you frequently reaching for the camera. Good path right up to the loch but a bog fest up to the base of Lochcraig Head. A steep ascent gets you on to the high ground and the rest of the circuit is a pleasant stroll taking in the scenery.
Attachments
image.jpg
Loch from decent route
image.jpg
Mirror image
image.jpg
White Coomb Summit
image.jpg
Molls Cleuch Dod
image.jpg
Lochcraig Summit
image.jpg
Grey Mare's Tail
Last edited by Bbbadger on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bbbadger
Mountaineer

Munros:75   Corbetts:14
Fionas:8   Donalds:15
Sub 2000:34   
Islands:3

Re: Coomb ba ya my Lord

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Did White Coomb a few years ago before i knew what Donalds were, need to return to the Donalds one day. Like the title. :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Re: Coomb ba ya my Lord

Postby Bbbadger » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks Johnny , just returned to walking after a lengthy break and getting out anywhere when time and circumstances allow. Adding the Donald's made it a decent sized walk for the travelling.
Times have changed for the better with sites like this one where all the info for the hills and surrounding area is to hand instead of the old map on the wall with tops ticked off, which I'm sure I still have in a cupboard somewhere!
Bbbadger
Mountaineer

Munros:75   Corbetts:14
Fionas:8   Donalds:15
Sub 2000:34   
Islands:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland