walkhighlands

Add reviews of outdoor gear and equipment here... or simply chat about gear and ask for recommendations

Tarp Tent Notch

Tarp Tent Notch

Postby Tigertops » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:40 am

Has anyone used this shelter and what are your experiences with it?
Tigertops
Scrambler

Re: Tarp Tent Notch

Postby Tigertops » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Or the Stratospire1 ( Henry Shires, Tarp Tents.)
Comments, views on etc.
Tigertops
Scrambler

Postby tenohfive » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Only Tarptent I've heard a huge amount about are the Scarp 1 and Scarp 2. Anecdotally they seem to be doing incredibly well this side of the Atlantic, even with the faff involved in getting hold of them. I've heard very little bad about either and find myself pining after the Scarp 2, but it's just too far out of my budget.

Might be worth a post on OutdoorsMagic forums, they seem very popular over there. In fact here's 7 pages of light reading if I'm not breaking WH forum rules?

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/forum/gear/tarptent-notch/52609.html
tenohfive

Munros:2   
Hewitts:40
Wainwrights:44   

Postby Tigertops » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:31 am

Thanks for link; saw this but always on the look out for more user comments.
Scarp too heavy for me. Was originally going to get a MLD Mid, but not sure now ( Still have the original version of the Mini-Peak ).
Been looking Henry's site at both the Notch and Stratospire. More user space on the sides. I only use Flys as my form of a luxury tarp with the privacy of doors. The fly of the Notch looks enticing at 433gms. The weight saving is the ultimate priority now; I just take more care where I pitch, relative to conditions. I usually use 1 shelter at a time; don't have a shelter for each weather condition or season. Always out on the Pennines and they are a pretty good testing ground for any shelter.
Tigertops
Scrambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Gear and Equipment talk